Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO) is responsible for oversight of the Department's sexual assault policy. SAPRO works hand-in-hand with the Services and the civilian community to develop and implement innovative prevention and response programs.
- D-SAACP CE Credit Opportunity: The Defense Centers of Excellence (DCoE) for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) will host its 2015 Summit on Sep. 9-11, in Falls Church, Virginia, or accessible to those outside the national capital region as online webinars, as well. The summit is called: "Continuum of Care and Care Transitions in the Military Health System," and represents a significant opportunity for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to help maintain the DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program (D-SAACP) Credential. For the Psychological Health Track, participation can provide up to 9 CEUs, and for the TBI Track, participation in the DCoE Summit can provide up to 5 CEUs. The summit will promote a collaborative approach to meeting the psychological health and TBI needs of today's Service Members, veterans and their beneficiaries in all treatment contexts and phases of recovery. Register for the live summit or online webinars here and learn more about D-SAACP here.
- Updated SAPR DoD Instruction 6495.02 Published: The updated DoD Instruction 6495.02 has been published. The updates implement requirements outlined in the NDAAs, initiatives directed by the Secretary of Defense, formal recommendations from the Response Systems to Adult Sexual Assault Crimes Panel (RSP), and new substantive changes to address areas of need. The updated DoD Instruction 6495.02 is viewable here, and an Info Paper can be found here.
- SAPR.mil Expands D-SAACP Continuing Education Information: Expanded online continuing education opportunities that meet Victim Advocacy Ethics or Advocacy / Prevention requirements to maintain D-SAACP certification can be found on the D-SAACP Information page, here.
- SAPR Policy Toolkit Updated:The National Protocol for Sexual Assault Medical Forensic Examinations has been added to the SAPR Policy Toolkit, found here.
- Victim Assistance Section Expansion: Guidance for those seeking sexual assault assistance for themselves, for a friend or colleague, or for someone they supervise can now be found here.
- Need Sexual Assault Survivor Assistance?: Whether your status is Active Duty, Reserve Component, Transitioning, Veteran, DoD Civilian, adult DoD Dependent, or DoD Contractor, as a sexual assault survivor or someone who assists survivors, you can find useful information and resources here.